- Select your desired service and engineer/producer, then in the next slide select a date and time.
- Provide your contact info. If you are paying by credit card use the name as it appears on your card.
- Pay a 50% deposit now (includes 50% tax) via PayPal or credit card. This ensures your session time is held with the engineer/producer.
- Send us your files via WeTransfer using the link provided above.
- The remaining balance is due after your studio session is completed. We accept cash, debit or credit card in studio. Interac e-transfer payments can be sent directly to [email protected].
The following rules and regulations pertain to all clients, including freelance engineers and their clients, whom are also considered as “clients” in this policy. Failure to comply with any of these rules and regulations shall constitute a default of this policy and offending clients are subject to refusal of services. MH Studios (Toronto) Inc. is herein referred to as the “Studio”.
Payment and Booking
- Clients are required to pay 50% of their studio fees upfront and 50% upon completion of their project or upon the completion of services rendered by the Studio.
- The Studio reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee at their discretion, if the client cancels a booked session without sufficient notice, generally 24 hours in advance of the booked session.
- All fees shall be paid directly to the Studio by way of cash, credit card, Interac debit, PayPal, or Interac e-transfer. Cheques are accepted at the discretion of the Studio Manager when provided a minimum of 5 business days in advance of your session date. Cheques must clear a minimum of 24 hours in advance of the session or an alternative method of payment must be provided to avoid cancellation. A fee of $50 will be levied for bounced cheques or insufficient funds.
- Clients understand that some equipment in the studio is subject to an extra-fee, which will be specified on our website or indicated in person. As such, the client is required to pay such fees if they choose to use such items.
- Clients requiring our staff engineers must request them by name when booking studio time to ensure engineer availability. If a particular staff engineer is not requested or is unavailable, a suitable engineer will be assigned to the project at the discretion of the Studio Manager.
- Clients must behave in an exemplary manner while on studio property, including at entrances and within the parking lot, or any area located in the nearby vicinity of the studio.
- Smoking indoors is strictly prohibited and subject to severe provincial fines. Please do not smoke directly in front of the studio entrances.
- The use of alcohol and illicit drugs are strictly prohibited within the studio and the premises.
- The Studio reserves the right to end a session and refuse the continuation of said session in the event that a client behaves in a manner not acceptable by studio staff, volunteers and/or other patrons. In the event that a session is refused or stopped based on the aforementioned behaviour, the individuals shall be removed from the property and any deposit will not be refunded.
- The Studio reserves the right to refuse service to any individuals at the discretion of the Studio Manager.
- Clients are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the studio. A shoes off policy is in effect during winter months for all clients and guests. A minimum fee of $75 will be charged if any cleaning is required after a session, due to unreasonable or excessive behaviour.
- Clients are responsibility for any damage caused to studio equipment. If an authorized staff engineer is hired by the client to be present at all times to assist with client’s activities, the engineering staff shall be responsible for any accidental equipment damage.
- Clients are responsible for any damage caused to Studio property caused by the misuse of equipment, malicious behaviour, by accident or negligence. or facilities. All damages shall be billed directly to the client
- Clients are not permitted to re-arrange, plug-in, or unplug any equipment in the studio unless directly authorised by the Studio Manager or staff.
- The Studio reserves the right to refuse services to any individuals at their own discretion. Decisions made by the Studio Manager are final and not to be challenged.
- Clients that wish to use the studio without acquiring the services of a staff engineer must undergo an assessment to be deemed fit to operate the studio equipment. Said clients shall be responsible for any fees charged for such an assessment. Upon completion of the assessment, if a client is deemed not fit to operate such studio equipment, then the client must hire a staff engineer to be present at all times when using the studio facilities.
- In the event that a client is accompanied by his or her own engineer, said engineer must also undergo an assessment by a staff engineer in order to be deemed fit to operate any equipment in the studio. An understanding is established by the client and their personal engineer that they shall both be responsible for any damages made to studio equipment and property. Further, any deposit will not be refunded if such conditions are not met.
- In the event that a change must be made in the studio, with respect to equipment in order to assist with client’s project, it shall be done by a staff engineer at no extra cost.
- Clients are not permitted to remove any materials from the studio without the consent of the Studio Manager.
- Guest Wifi is provided to clients at the discretion of the studio staff. The searching or downloading of illicit materials on studio provided Internet is prohibited.
- Clients are not allowed to download, install or update software on studio computers without the prior consent of studio staff. The connection of storage devices or execution of outside applications on studio computers without the prior approval of studio staff is not permitted.
- Clients may not upload any material, whether their own or studio property, on to any websites or storage devices without the prior consent of the Studio Manager.
- All studio software is genuine and fully licensed by their respective licensees. Clients are advised that the Studio takes responsibility for keeping all software up-to-date and in accordance with specific agreements made with various software suppliers.
Outside Materials and Equipment
- All external equipment, hardware and software brought to the studio must be approved prior to use in the studio by the Studio Manager.
- The Studio is not responsible for any damage made to client’s equipment, hardware or software while being used in the studio or on the premises.
- Clients are responsible for their own materials and must provide means of storage for their projects.
- The Studio is not responsible for the quality of the materials produced with previously recorded tracks from the client. The Studio is only responsible for, and guarantees the quality of, sounds, tracks, vocals and finished productions that have been completely produced in our facilities.
Intellectual Property and Copyright
- All materials created, recorded, produced or composed in the studio are the sole property of the Studio until all fees are paid in full or unless otherwise agreed to contractually in writing. Non-paying clients do not have any rights to such materials.
- The Studio is neither responsible nor liable for any copyright issues raised from material used or obtained by the clients. Clients are responsible for all copyright of materials brought to the studio to be used in their projects.
- The Studio reserves the right to refuse any material that it suspects has been obtain or is being used in violation of copyright laws, and as such reserves the right to refuse service to the offending client.
- Once a project is completed and copies of files have been provided to the client, the Studio is no longer responsible for a project’s file storage or safekeeping.